Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Jennifer's Studio Sale


I’ve recently moved into a new studio, and as a hoarder and sentimalist (these two qualities often combined) I have kept most of the work I've made over the last 10 years. However, I have decided that it is time to part ways with some of my drawings in the hope that someone else might enjoy them and to make space for new work.

I want to create an opportunity for people to view my collection of works and be able to purchase outside of an exhibition context. This invitation isn't weighted with any pressure or expectation to buy.

Some small works (and large, inconvenient-for-me-to-store-any-longer works) I would like to giveaway and I am also open to trades. All drawings are one-offs and have their own personal history and thoughts associated with them (why I keep tucking them into drawers, suitcases and folders to carry around with me!)

I am planning to be in my studio at 1-9 Moreland Rd, Coburg 12-5pm Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th June (and during that week some time) for interested people to come around to visit. I have tried to organise my works into price categories to make it easiest to see what I have. If you would like to come to the studio (or if you can't come but are interested in a particular work/series/size/subject matter/price/...) then email me at jennifer.eb.rooke@gmail.com or call/text me on 0409 165 153. There are a few things on my website http://jenniferrookeart.com/ that will be for sale. It might be possible for me to deliver or post work.

Thanks for reading this. If you have any friends that might be interested then please feel free to share this invite with them. I plan to put any money I make towards overseas travelling and residencies next year and I am looking forward to clearing some space, physically and mentally, to produce new work!

No comments:

Post a Comment