Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A tribute to packing the practical coat

I had some dinner and thought how the weather forecast must have been wrong as I looked out to a glorious evening. I thought how I really must take advantage of this sunlight and go for an evening promenade. 

I donned my Gore-Tex, a now staple wardrobe item.


The moment I got out the door I noticed the grey clouds creeping in overhead. I only walked for about ten minutes, looked up to this unidentified monolith and then the rain began to fall. 


Now I'm back to my apartment drinking peppermint tea and listening to some jazz. Luckily I have suddenly become obsessed with Carl Sagan's Cosmos so I'm going to spend the evening thinking about how insignificant I am in relation to all time and space and mend the tear in my backpack. 


No comments:

Post a Comment