Friday, July 10, 2015

Staircase

I've been doing a lot of walking around Glasgow and I can't help looking through all the tall clear windows, open to let any hint of sunshine in. I keep imagining how I would furnish my room around a bay window. Maybe I've been looking through other people's windows for inspiration.

I think of sitting at my desk back in Melbourne looking out to the people passing by. I wonder what they can see of my room from the street; what details would they pick up on?

The other day I was walking along the edge of Kelvingrove Park and became fascinated by these sections of wide stepped staircases that I could see through some windows. It seems unusual to have a staircase through the middle of a window; I wonder where do they go? What rooms do they connect? An optical mystery as I look in from the outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment