Monday, July 27, 2015

Vagabonding around

I'm sitting in the window of an old fashioned café in Tallinn with a coffee and a piece of cake. There is a small ferris wheel of tea cups circling just behind my head. Michael Bublé's 'Home' just played in the background and I'm finding the whole situation rather amusing.

Due to a plumbing disaster I've had to abandon my roommate Robert and relocate to a hostel for the night. I've been living somewhat basically for the last week with no fridge, internet or shower. But I have had my own space to live and work, lots of books, a handful of films and a radio. I've found this solitude very special, especially travelling in a foreign country.

I could write more but I need to buy some Vana Tallinn liqueur to stuff into my pack before tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment