Saturday, May 30, 2015

repeated pattern

If I take those blinds with me
I will roll them up
and store them away
Only to look at them
when I next move
and be overcome by nostalgia

strangely comforting lying in an unfamiliar bed
in a familiar room
I can’t sleep

I called out to you
but you didn’t hear me
You kept walking
and I just watched
wanting to see where you went

How to touch the doorway,
navigating an empty room in the dark

I miss you

I miss you, you, you, you

After I said goodbye,
I wanted to say goodbye again
But I stopped myself
Because it would never be enough

Thinking of a past I have never known
and I wish for timelessness

Can my drawings be timeless?
Everyone works in their time,
I am of my time

I try to draw a perfect circle

Shut the door, it’s cold
Morning light
The blinds are open
                         -- I don’t care

Pull down the blinds and examine the repeated pattern
pressed into my memory

I want to keep the past

I roll up the blinds
and place them in the corner of the room to take with me

repeated pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment