Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Semester two...

Been feeling very up and down over the last few weeks - it's probably a range of things that are twisted up with the umbrella of Winter. Second week back at uni and it's really nice to be around the energy of other artists again. I feel like I need to be kept busy and distracted at the moment. I'm ready to make things and read and think and maybe write a bit (and maybe stare out the window for a while).

I've been working on this sad bedroom/studio setting for the last few weeks. Had an urge to put a bed under the window and paint the wall rose pink. Also an urge for paper draping down and quick drawings. It's all progressed from those initial urges. It feels good to trust those ideas and see them through. 

Not sure where I'm heading next. I want to keep making quick drawings and larger drawings. I'm enjoying working with space; thinking about drawings in space and how drawing may compose a space. I'm a bit baffled with art theory at the moment. I'm more keen to research literature and biography as that is what feels relevant to my work. It will be interesting to see how things develop over the semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment